I feel like I’m back in school and the teacher is calling attendance and I have to yell “I’m here!”- I am, really! Just been slammered with a ton of deadlines all at once. I don’t know why but August is always extremely busy. Along with regular client work I have a ton of stuff to get done. So when people ask me why I’m not participating in this or that event or get together, here’s why…
- New Fabric designs/collections to be submitted by end of this month. Two done, 1-2 more brewing and needing to be done. If I don’t submit, I miss out on potential designs going ahead into the next couple of years ahead if selected.
- Pattern for sewing tote- must be written up properly, tested (or at least reviewed/read thru by a trusted friend or two) and submitted, plus finished sewn project example done and shipped off by this coming week.– working on this today.
- More sewing projects and posts with my spiffy new Janome!
- Green Couch website needs to be finished and launched officially.
- This website needs updates, new selfie photo, and portfolio section finished.
- Illustration portfolio needs a major redo and revamp. (Thinking on this and how-to’s and starting on a new style of drawing/illustration which is actually an older style of mine blended with new.)
- Christmas is coming which means I need to get my cards, prints, and calendar started like, yesterday. Started is the operative word here.
- Scrapping the idea of doing any Christmas sales or fairs for this year. As much as I’d love to, time is running out already and submission deadlines passing for the ones I was interested in, and, I have nothing really done as far as actual products go, to show a jury to get into said fairs.
- A combo project with a friend is brewing, more on that later.
- Look into finding an agent for illustration/designwork, so I can do my thing and let somebody else deal with the rest. Thanks to a very kind friend who gave me a list of potential starting places. This hinges on getting the portfolio sorted out first!
- Assorted “stuff” that I want to do, like sewing kits made with my designs printed via Spoonflower, more patterns and projects, more fabricy things, plus a lot more painting and art.
- Make! More! Art!
- A mini quilt swap I signed up on Instagram, need to stalk my partner a bit more and come up with a plan- I have some ideas just need a little finessing. Not due til November but must start brewing.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. And I am not complaining, as this is what I love. I’m here, working away, doing my thing. More soon, I have lots coming up to share!